The Swift Core Data, Maps & Media course is unique, because the ultimate deliverable is already delivered! The course app, MyWonders, is similar to 8Apps published 8Wonders app, which already fulfilled all strict Apple’s App Store requirements & guidelines.
The course is structured in a step-by-step approach, utilizing advanced instruction methodologies and techniques (including videos with annotations & visual special effects, crystal clear slides of major code text and colorful diagrams) ending with a fully-functional iOS Swift app that you can either publish as is on Apple’s App Store, or use as a template for your own ideas. The foundation will be set; you can then build on it many varied and interesting apps.
The course offers a coherent application, which seamlessly allows the user to add their data records and associate them with notes, maps and unlimited photos, audios and videos. MyWonders is a collection of the wonders in your world. It’s deliberately fast, simply elegant and totally practical, as you can use it on your own iPhone every day while you are building it.
All course videos are recorded in Full HD 1080p and audios with a Blue Yeti microphone. All major code segments are presented in the videos twice: in Xcode during recording and then PowerPoint slides for crisp crystal clear text and images.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 66 lectures and 7 hours of content!
- Transform students professional expertise by building a fully-functional and advanced app ready for the App Store.
- Enrich your personal revenue stream with a proven source of income from the App Store, should you choose to market/sell the app later.
- Share a practical real-life app with family, friends and colleagues that they can use daily.
- Build a fully-functional Swift app with Core Data, maps, photos, audios and videos.
- Automatically locate the users iPhone, facilitate fast capture of wonders info, map, photos, audios and videos and provide a ‘FindMe’ function at any time.
- Learn Swift code structures to add, view and edit Core Data database records.
- Present maps of any location (using latitude and longitude, spans and regions).
- Select photos from the iPhone Photo Library or capture new photos by camera, add them to wonders, view in a photos table and delete as needed.
- Record sounds via microphone and add to wonders. Play and/or delete as needed from a sounds table.
- Record videos or select from Photos Library, add to wonders, play and/or delete as needed from a videos table.
- Upload to social media, with a Facebook example.
What is the target audience?
- The course is designed for aspiring developers, who are a bit familar with Xcode IDE and Swift basic concepts and code structures (recommended but not required; you will learn everything you need inside the course).
- Take this course if you wish to advance your knowledge and real-world expertise, building a complete, fully-functional, advanced, practical App Store ready app.
- The course focus is Core Data, Maps and Media (photos, audios & videos) covering adding, viewing/playing, editing Core Data records, so suitable for developers who wish to build apps that utilize these functions. Practically, every app that needs persistent storage of data (keep data after app close or phone being switched off) needs Core Data.
Section 1: Introduction and Overview
- Lecture 1 Hello and Welcome 01:46
- Lecture 2 MyWonders: The App Overview Text
- Lecture 3 Course Methodology & Techniques Text
- Lecture 4 Setup Your Mac Text
Section 2: Project Setup
- Lecture 5 New Project Creation and Setup 01:50
- Lecture 6 Storyboard Tab Controller and Major Views 04:36
- Lecture 7 Storyboard Icons, Launch Screen and ‘Hello, MyWonders’ 05:49
- Lecture 8 Storyboard View Controllers and Classes 08:28
- Lecture 9 Table View Controllers, Sections, Rows and Cells 08:59
- Lecture 10 Core Data Entities and Attributes 07:00
Section 3: Add Wonder to Core Data
- Lecture 11 Add Wonder: Storyboard View 10:58
- Lecture 12 Add Wonder: View Links to Class File 04:40
- Lecture 13 Add Wonder: Save to Core Data 06:11
- Lecture 14 Add Wonder: Show Data in Wonders Table View 06:11
Section 4: View Wonder from Core Data
- Lecture 15 View Wonder: Storyboard View 08:04
- Lecture 16 View Wonder: Storyboard View AutoLayout 11:28
- Lecture 17 View Wonder: View Links to Class and Table Cells 06:59
- Lecture 18 View Wonder: Wonders Table Segue to View Wonder 04:05
Section 5: Edit Wonder in Core Data
- Lecture 19 Edit Wonder: Storyboard View 06:39
- Lecture 20 Edit Wonder: Class Variables and Code 07:38
- Lecture 21 Edit Wonder: Recap Add, View, Edit, Table View and Segues 03:56
Section 6: Maps
- Lecture 22 Maps: Map Framework and MapView in View Wonder 04:48
- Lecture 23 Maps: Map Code in View Wonder 04:21
- Lecture 24 Maps: Map Locations of Old and New World Wonders 01:24
Section 7: Photos
- Lecture 25 Photos: Storyboard View Controller and Layout 08:11
- Lecture 26 Photos: Storyboard View Links to Class 08:21
- Lecture 27 Photos: Add Photos and Save to Core Data 06:21
- Lecture 28 Photos: Add Wonder Direct Access to Photos Library 06:19
- Lecture 29 Photos: App Icon and Launch Screen Image 08:42
- Lecture 30 Photos: Wonder Photos Button & Table 06:06
- Lecture 31 Photos: Wonder Photos Table Class 07:51
- Lecture 32 Photos: Add & View Wonder Photos 07:21
- Lecture 33 Photos: Edit Wonder and Wonder Photos 10:31
- Lecture 34 Photos: Edit Wonder Photos 10:27
- Lecture 35 Photos: Polish & Final Test 06:12
- Lecture 36 Camera: Add Wonder & Photos Camera Logic 08:05
- Lecture 37 Camera: Edit Wonder & Camera Connection 05:20
Section 8: Sounds / Audios
- Lecture 38 Sounds: Storyboard Setups 09:06
- Lecture 39 Sounds: Storyboard Wonder Sounds View 08:25
- Lecture 40 Sounds: Sounds View Controller 08:49
- Lecture 41 Sounds: AutoLayout & viewDidLoad 09:49
- Lecture 42 Sounds: Record, Stop and Play 07:04
- Lecture 43 Sounds: Pause and Finish Recording/Playing 04:57
- Lecture 44 Sounds: Setup Recorder and Save to Core Data 04:50
- Lecture 45 Sounds: View Wonder and Sounds Table 07:58
- Lecture 46 Sounds: Edit Wonder Sounds 06:22
Section 9: Videos
- Lecture 47 Videos: Setup Storyboard Videos View 10:35
- Lecture 48 Videos: Storyboard View Links to Class File 06:14
- Lecture 49 Videos: Storyboard View and Class Code 07:09
- Lecture 50 Videos: Record New Video 03:58
- Lecture 51 Videos: Add and Edit Wonder to Wonder Videos 06:24
- Lecture 52 Videos: Deprecated Code Handling [New AVPlayer] 06:00
- Lecture 53 Videos: Wonder Videos Table 06:31
- Lecture 54 Videos: View and Edit Wonder Views 09:23
- Lecture 55 Videos: Wonder Videos Table View 05:10
- Lecture 56 Videos: Wonder Table Delete 03:17
Section 10: Settings
- Lecture 57 Settings: Help View and HTML File 06:57
- Lecture 58 Settings: Optional Project Table Colors 01:27
Section 11: WhereAmI
- Lecture 59 WhereAmI: Storyboard WhereAmI View 06:43
- Lecture 60 WhereAmI: Storyboard View AutoLayout 06:09
- Lecture 61 WhereAmI: Auto Location on App Launch 06:27
- Lecture 62 WhereAmI: Save Wonder to Core Data 05:42
- Lecture 63 WhereAmI: Find Me and Segues 08:06
- Lecture 64 WhereAmI: Upload to Social Media [Facebook Example] 06:59
Section 12: Optional Projects
- Lecture 65 Optional Project: Pre-Populate Old and New World Wonders 01:19
- Lecture 66 Optional Project: Settings: Show/Hide Old and/or New World Wonders 01:3