It's Your AlarmUser-Choice of Date/Time, Sound, Wallpaper and AutoForward & Locked iPhone Stop & Snooze Notifications; No PIN!
AutoForward Has 2 Options: Periodic [Every Hour, Day, Week, Month,..] and Selective [Every Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat and/or Sun].
WallpapersEvery Alarm Has Its Own Foreground Wallpaper; Choice of 27 Wallpapers to Reflect the Alarm Environment: Sunrise, Beach, Flowers,..
Sounds40+ Sounds with Different Durations, from 1 Second to 28 Seconds; Be Alarmed for Each Occasion to Suit its Mood!
Sounds Foreground LoopsSound Foreground Loops Allow Continuous Play of Alarm End Tune When App in Foreground (Active Screen).
Sound Background CyclesSound Background Cycles Allow AutoRepeat of the Alarm Sound Every 30 Seconds When iPhone is Locked or App in Background (at Home, or App Behind Another App).
Snooze For Up To 9 Minutes, Which Can Be Repeated as Needed, for the Lazy Days.
There are 3 main tool bar options:
- Next: The Next view shows the next/upcoming active Alarm. When 8Alarm initially launches, or if there are no active alarms, the view will show ‘No Active Alarms’. This view allows Stop, Skip and Resume operations and inactivating an active alarm if shown. The view does not Start alarms (showing only Active Alarms, the alarm would have already started) unless an alarm has been Stopped. It also does not schedule local (background) notifications, as these would have been setup in the Manage Alarms view and re-scheduling here would cause duplicates (unless you Stop, which cancels, then Start, which re-schedules).
- Alarms: Add, Edit, Manage and Delete Alarms. Standard operations: Touch top menu right-hand ‘+‘ to add a new alarm, or top menu left-hand ‘Edit‘ button to delete one or more alarm table rows. Touch the table row right-hand icon to edit the selected row alarm time date and other attributes. Touch the alarm icon or name to manage the alarm (Start/ Stop/ Skip/ Snooze and Activate). Swipe left on an alarm table row to delete the selected alarm.
- Settings: QuickLists provides ‘snapshots’ of your setup for Alarms, Sounds and Wallpapers. Alarms: full listings of all alarm details: Name, Date, Active/InActive, Sound, Wallpaper, AutoForward, etc. Sounds shows sound name and duration (click the table row to play the sound) and Wallpapers show a slider which allows you to scan through all the wallpapers quickly.
- Alarms: Add your day-to-day alarms for all your practical needs (e.g. waking up, taking medicine, standing up, etc.); there is no limit.The Alarms table view lists all your alarms, where you can select a table row alarm, then Start the selected alarm. Alarms will trigger sound and notification at alarm end.
- Alarm Attributes: Select, for each alarm, a Wallpaper (background image to Alarm), When Alarm Ends Sound (from 40+ sound files, of different durations from 1 second to 28 seconds) and setup AutoForward, a comprehensive and flexible automatic forwarding of an alarm, re-setting the alarm date to the next specified interval.
- Managing alarms allow Start/Stop /Snooze and Skip.
- Start will activate and start the alarm countdown timer, which yo can see on the screen (as visual confirmation) every time you view the alarm.
- Stop will inactivate and stop the alarm countdown timer, which turns to red 00:00:00 (as a visual confirmation). If AutoForward is On, Stop will automatically adjust the Alarm Date to the Next Alarm Date based on the AutoForward setup (periodic: every day, week,.. selective: every Mon, Wed, ..). Stop works only after the alarm is triggered.
- Snooze will temporarily add specified minutes to the Alarm Date and trigger the alarm (again) at the Next Alarm Date (current + Snooze minutes). Snooze works only after the alarm is triggered.
- Skip will skip the current Alarm Date and, if AutoForward is On, will automatically adjust the Alarm Date to the Next Alarm Date based on the AutoForward setup (periodic: every day, week,.. selective: every Mon, Wed, ..). Skip works only before the alarm is triggered.
- Notifications Center will show all alarms notifications. An additional feature is Notification Actions: Stop or Snooze; when an alarm is triggered, the notification will show 2 options: Stop and Snooze. Stop will cancel the alarm and, if AutoForward is on, move the alarm date to the next date. Snooze will add specified minutes to the alarm date, and re-trigger the alarm afterwards.
- Periodic AutoForward allows repeating alarms by 1 to 12 minutes, hours, days, weeks, quarters or years.
- Selective AutoForward allows selection of specific days of the week for a repeating alarm. This is ideal for setting up different alarms for working days (Monday to Friday) and the weekend (Saturday & Sunday). However, it can also work for repetitive events just as well: weekly meetings, monthly or quarterly bills, etc. Yearly can also be used for annual events (renewing insurance, car registration,..)
- Stop AutoForward occurs after an alarm is triggered and stopped by the Stop button or Stop Local Notification (this is a powerful feature, as it allows the logic to operate even from the iPhone lock screen). If using active Stop button, then the Alarm Date will automatically roll forwards to the next alarm date, as per AutoForward setup.
- Skip AutoForward occurs before an alarm is triggered; the future Alarm Date will automatically roll forward to the next alarm date, as per AutoForward setup. This is useful in situations where you are aware of the alarm before it is triggered (you woke up before the alarm) or wish to skip the incoming alarm and re-schedule the next cycle.
Important: Start, Stop, Skip and AutoForward create local notifications external to 8Alarm when 8Alarm is moved to Background (Home/Lock screen). This is Apple design and affects all Apps (even if you delete the App!). 8Alarm Stop buttons, in Next and Manage Alarm views, cancel the alarm local notification. If you quit 8Alarm unexpectedly, the notifications may still be triggered if they have not been cancelled by a Stop. If this ever happens, relaunch 8Alarm and go to Settings: Reset Notifications to ensure they are completely cancelled and all alarms become inactive. You can then Start afresh.
- 8Alarm can manage unlimited alarms simultaneously
- Each alarm has its unique attributes (‘settings’) that you can set individually. For example, for each alarm you can setup its own Wallpaper (background image), Sound with foreground loops and background cycles, and AutoForward, with periodic (every hour, day, week, etc.) or selective days (every Monday, Thursday, etc.).
- 8Alarm Sounds (40+ sound files) come with different durations (from 1 second to 28 seconds), allowing long durations for wake-up alarms and short durations for ad-hoc or repetitive alarms.
- 8Alarm Wallpapers (10+ immge files) allow you to add a different background image to each alarm, if desired. You can naturally opt for ‘None’ (a simple white background) if you prefer.
- 8Alarm AutoForward is a unique feature that allows repeating alarms. Periodic can be set every 1 to 12 cycles of hours, days, weeks, months, quarters and years intervals. Selective Days can be set for any or all days of Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri and/or Sat.
- 8Alarm can run any alarm in foreground (App is on main screen) and/or background (while your iPhone is on Home or Lock screens or you are using another App). You do not need to watch 8Alarm; Start, do whatever, and 8Alarm will trigger with notifications and sounds on your pre-set times.
- Total Flexibility due to alarm individual settings, where you control the date/time, active/inactive, sound (with foregound loops and background cycles), wallpaper (from a variety of background images or none, and AutoForward Periodic (day, week, ..) or Selective (Mon, Tue, ..) options,
- Sounds As You Like Them approach, where each sound can be ‘extended’ with Foreground Loops (when an alarm is in foreground, the sound will play the specified number of Loops continuously) and Background Cycles (when alarm is in background, the sound will play within the specified number of 30 second cycles).
- Beyond Wake-Up coverage of all your alarm needs due to unlimited alarms, where each/any can be run individually. Typically, alarms are used for wake-up calls, but 8Alarm extends this functionality to any alarm-based activity. Basically, any alarm can be setup for any occasion on a periodic or selective days basis.
- Total flexibility as you can add, edit, delete and manage new alarms effortlessly, and with minimum keystrokes, from a central table view.
- Quick Views. Setting QuickLists offer quick views of all your Alarms, Sounds and Wallpapers specifications at a glance. This avoids having to access each alarm, sound player or wallpaper carousel to look up a specific alram, sound or wallpaper.
- Delight your senses, as well as always be on time, by a range of 40+ alarm sounds; from short or loud beeps to long or soft tunes, be alarmed with a the ‘hammering’ or soothing sound of your choice.
- Convenience in ‘gradual’ alarm sequence, by setting Sound Background Cycles, you can elect up to 3 minutes (5 x 30 seconds) of alarm. This is ideal in the mornings, where ‘light’ sleepers need only 1 or 2 alarms while ‘heavy’ sleepers may need more repeating alarms in the monring. The alarms Cycles can be reset/cancelled when you wake up simply be touching ‘Stop’ on the local notification actions.
- Simple, intuitive and speed-oriented operations supported by a ‘minimalist by design’ approach. The focus is on design simplicity, not over-crowding the screen with ‘bells and whistles’. An elegant design usually fronts a sophisticated and reliable programming within the technical framework.